Friday, June 19, 2009

I miss home...

I'm starting to miss home. Actually let me back up. I've BEEN missing home, just not as bad as I have been recently. Though anyone can say what they want about Texas, (Trust me, I've heard it all) It's home to me, and will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. No matter where I am, my feet are planted firm on Texas soil. Er, Texas DIRT. It's just something about it. The smell, the feel, the people, the surroundings, it's in me.

I've lived everywhere from CA to TN, FL, VA, NC, to OK, and nothing compares. Doesn't even come close. I miss Gruene Hall, and Blue Bonnet. The Alamo, and the River Walk. Fiesta Texas and the Spurs. One finger waves, and Big Red. Corn Fields, and The Tank. Bill Miller Sweet Tea and Taco Cabana. Corpus. Front Porches and Backroads. Kosciusko Hall and Wade Bowen. I miss it all. So bad it hurts.

I just feel so much more peace at home. Texas holds a lot of memories for me. For our family. Though it holds some I'd rather like to forget, it's made us who we are today. It's made us stronger. We've been at some of our lowest points there, but the Lord ALWAYS brought us through, and for that I feel comfort there.

My husband's from Texas. Born and Raised. I was transplanted there when I was 16, so I've spent a lot of my life there. I'd love for my kids to grow up there. Daniel was born in Austin, Ryan and Brayden in San Antonio and Madison in Jourdanton. But they never really got to experience it. Really experience it, for what it is. I can't say enough about the people.

For the most part I've lived in small towns. It's who I am. A Small Town Girl. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. It's helped keep me level. I love cruising the backroads. Everyone knowing everyone, and calling them by name. Though I could do without the drama. I love sittin on the front porch and watching the world around me in peacefulness. Watching a grandpa till the land with his grandson/granddaughter on his lap. I love how everyone waves to each other. I love the pride people have for their town and country. How everyone gets together on friday nights to support the local team. I love to hear yes ma'am, yes sir, and the likes there of. I love when church gets out and packs Busy Bear.

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone smiles in small towns?? *shrug*

We've been praying a lot on going back. We'd love to be back home, but it's not in our hands. Ultimately it's not our decision. It's in God's hands, on his timing, and I'm ok with that. Until then, I'll sit here a time zone away and wallow in Blue Bell Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment